The Carroll County Health Department Public Health Preparedness and Response Program develops and regularly updates plans to prepare for, respond to, and recover from situations affecting the health of the public. We collaborate with the community as well as local, regional, and state agencies and organizations to promote a state of readiness to protect the health of residents and visitors of Carroll County.
Special Populations Emergency Planning Committee
The term "special population" refers to any group that may have additional needs before, during and after an emergency.
Members of this population include, but are not limited to:
· Physically or mentally disabled
· Those who live in institutionalized settings
· Limited or non-English speaking individuals
· Those from diverse cultures
Special Populations Emergency Planning Committee Mission:
Our mission is to provide the support and information needed by the community to more effectively prepare for, and recover from, an emergency. We assist in building, strengthening and maintaining relationships between the emergency response and the special population communities within our county in order to facilitate emergency preparedness.
If you would like more information about this committee, please contact 410-876-4857.
Self Preparedness Information
· Maryland Dept of Health and Mental Hygiene Office of Preparedness and Response
· MD Responds
· Maryland Flu Preparedness
· CDC Emergency Preparedness
· Maryland Emergency Management Agency
· FEMA Preparedness Information
· Citizen Corps Volunteer Programs
· Carroll County Office of Emergency Management
· Prepare. Plan. Stay Informed
· American Red Cross Emergency Preparedness
· Carroll County Citizen's Guide to Emergency Preparedness · Employee Link