Job Position: Pediatric Dentist
Start Date: Immediately
County Health Department,
P.O. Box 845, Westminster, MD 21158
Location: 290 S. Center Street, Westminster, MD 21157
- Conducts oral examinations of children and obtains
dental radiographs in order to make proper diagnoses; provides pediatric
dental care to clients by performing restorative, surgical, and emergency
- Determines the need and prescribes medication for pain,
infection and other conditions for clinic patients; prescribes fluoride
therapy as a preventive measure for clinic patients;
- Refers clients to outside facilities for procedures
beyond the scope of pediatric dentistry;
- Performs prophylaxis procedures and provides oral hygiene
instructions to clinic patients; prepares clients’ records, such as dental
history and dental treatment plan for each new admission into the program;
- May treat clients under general anesthesia at a
- Provides clinical supervision of lower-level dental
- Other related duties, as required.
- Degree in Pediatric Dentist.
- Licensed as a dentist from the Maryland State Board of Dental
- Must possess or be eligible to obtain controlled
substances registration certificates as issued by the Federal Government
and the State of Maryland in order to prescribe narcotic
- Must successfully complete and maintain current
certification of cardiopulmonary resuscitation training.
- Subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with
Code of Maryland regulations 06.01.09, Testing for
Illegal Use of Drugs.
fax your resume to Lois Bankert at 410-876-4905.